Skip to main content

Total Pageviews

5 Tips to instantly feel better



I wish that life was merry 100% of the time. Life is, sadly, not always enjoyable. But does this mean that it's got to be bad? I hate to feel down; I know that it's a part of life, and there's no escape. However, I seem to feel depressed for no reason or remain sad sometimes.

There is no shame in feeling down, so there's no reason for you to stay down. I find it unreasonable to stay in a bad mood for more than 5 minutes. Your acts are the only thing that you manage. This means that you can choose to do something that cheers you up.

Here are 5 things that I do, and you can try to instantly feel better-

1. Watch Something Funny

I watch something funny every day because it's good for you. What laughing does to you is this:

  • Relaxes the whole body
  • Strengthens the immune system
  • Reduces the hormones of stress
  • Causes endorphin release
  • Protects the heart

Just open up YouTube and watch the funny stuff. I love some channels like Kanan Gill, Rahul Dua, Nishant Suri, Vir Das, or search for funny dog and cat videos. I also enjoy watching random scenes from The Office, friends, two and a half men, and two broke girls.

“When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.” - Barney Stinson


2. Go For A Walk


Research indicates that, after moderate exercise, the mood improves within 5 minutes. And there's no better natural energizer I can think of than exercise.
My favorite method to quickly improve my mood by exercise is going for a walk. Usually, a 30 minutes walk at a fast pace does it for me. After that, I feel energized to do whatever. Alternatively, you can do push-ups or even dance.

The great thing about pushups or a brisk walk is that at any time and any place you can do it. You need to reconsider your life if you do not have 20 minutes of free time.

3. Meet/Call Your Fun Friend


Do you know people who always find something to whine about no matter what happens? Don't contact them. Some people are always pessimistic.

The good news is that there are people who are still cheerful as well. Give a call to him or her and ask how they are. Even better, if they are nearby, try to reach them. I bet that they've got a nice story to tell.


4. Give Yourself A Compliment


Society and the media give us permission to tear ourselves down. I give you permission now to build up yourself. You praise ... OUT LOUD! Concentrate on your positive qualities and find a way to embrace yourself in any aspect. Now is the time to stop being critical of yourself and avoid negative self-talk. Alternatively, make a deliberate effort to be kind to yourself, indulge in constructive self-talk, and reflect on your strengths. It is time to stop contrasting or complaining and to begin to compliment.

“If you want to be happy, be.” — Leo Tolstoy

5. Listen to music that soothes your soul


This is not proved scientifically, but you just have to believe me. Music always improves your mood, no doubt about it. I don’t know why, but it does.

Find your music, find something you like and let it soothe your soul.

And if none of this stuff works for you - find something else that boosts your mood and write them somewhere you can reach easily. 

Comments

Prashant Sharma said…
6. Read Riya Manchanda's blog.
Prashant Sharma said…
6. Read Riya Manchanda's blog.
Anonymous said…
How so c̶u̶t̶e, Smart?
Shatakshi said…
Your blogs are really helpful. Thank you ♥️😊

Popular posts from this blog

F-It list

 I have realized that I have always been an “I want to do it all,” kinda person. But there are moments when I don't want to hustle; instead, I want to lie the fuck down. Take it from someone who has consumed chamomile tea, tried meditation, and booked me-time in the calendar in an attempt of being her 'best self'. Balance isn't found at the bottom of a pricey tea or as the conclusion of a yoga lesson. Instead, it's a state of mind. And something that has really been working for me is - ' A Fuck-It list' We spend a lot of time checking things off our to-do lists, creating aspirational Pinterest boards, and pondering our next big goal, dream, or plan. Then we wonder why we've burned out. Answer honestly- How much time and effort do you put into stuff that doesn't really matter? Or activities that you think you "should" do rather than those that you really want to do? STEPS TO MAKE A FUCK-IT LIST -   Make a mental or physical list of all the t

Unfinished

We were friends before the story actually starts. We met in college. I told him stories of my awful ex-boyfriend, and he indulged in my fantasies of murder. We would sit in his car, talking about how easy it would be to sneak poisonous leaves into their burgers. He told me about his school life; the obsession with movies and shows. And all this seemed impressive to the girl with no friends. Our friendship took years to turn romantic, but it did. He was fun and wild, and he really seemed to get me. He made me feel special, like a femme fatale, like I was in a movie. We had a lovely start - all intense connection and creative collaboration. For the first time, I felt heard and seen. He made me feel safe and special. An intoxicating combination.  It was different right away. I didn't want to date him, I wanted to be his partner. I wanted to skip all the awkward dating (we did) and arrive at the comfortable, compatible thing, always things. I had found my guy. Part of this was fueled b

That one time I was a meme

People never spell my name correctly and it gets screwed up a lot. If I had a dollar for everytime someone wrote ' Riya' as 'Ria' , I'd be retired and enjoying my life. I had 14 certificates changed in school because they always wrote 'Ria ' or ' Rhea' on them. That error has happened so frequently, there came a point where I just stopped pointing it out to people, at least in messages. It's a bigger disappointment when a guy is trying to flirt, and he writes the wrong spelling of your name. I mean I don't expect you to do any favourite colour/flowers homework but the name is basics duh-uh. Nevertheless, the day came Suddenly everybody knew the right spelling of my name because everyone who knew me and some who didn't, were tagging me in the #riyamemes. Well, I don't know about Sajid but my friends were super happy because they now had a new excuse to make fun of me. I had so much unwanted attention on every social me